Monday 7 January 2013

MURAL IN MYER STORE


Myer founder, Sidney Myer (1878-1934), has long been remembered as a retail visionary and one of Australia’s great philanthropists. Myer welcomed customers into his amazing department stores, offering international class services and merchandise. Today as always, Myer – one of Australia’s biggest department stores – continues a legacy born of history.

In the post-Christmas holiday period it is traditional for many stores to have big sales and Myer is no exception. While wandering through the basement I came across this mural, which I had never seen before and nearly missed as it was in the women's clothing section, a department that I don't spend any time in.

This post is part of the Mellow Yellow Monday meme,
and also part of the Monday Murals meme.




4 comments:

  1. Well, that's surely unique!! I do spend time -- or I did at one time -- in women's departments, but I've never seen anything like this in any of them! Wonderful, different mural and great captures as well! Have a good week, Nick!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks certainly exotic. Thank you for the inspiration to buy something for my wife.
    With regard to the painting, looked to me as if the tip of the nose misses one line, in order to become a nice looking nose ?!
    Please have a good new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Myer Basement has had many incarnations. I like the current version and the addition of this mural is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exotic and somewhat Deco looking. Also reminds me a bit of Beardsley drawings. I can see why you could almost miss this among all the merchandise. A lovely, artistic corner in the basement. Thanks, Nick, for contributing to Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!