Tuesday 20 August 2013

BLOCK PLACE

Block Place is a street in Melbourne. It is a short, narrow partially covered laneway, running south from Little Collins Street between Swanston Street and Elizabeth Street in the central business district of Melbourne.

Block Place is a pedestrian only laneway that is trendy and popular with both Melbourne locals and tourists for its intimate alfresco cafes close to the shopping heart of Melbourne. It is crowded with cafes and shops in a number of pre-war buildings. Cafe Segovia is one of a popular lunch destination and a popular record store is located in underground basements.

The lane joins with the heritage Block Arcade, a 19th century covered shopping arcade. Block Arcade and Block Place form a T-shape running from Little Collins Street through to Collins Street and Elizabeth Street.Royal Arcade is just across Little Collins and connects through to Bourke Street.

This post is part of the Our World Tuesday meme,
and also part of the Ruby Tuesday meme.





11 comments:

  1. I guess it is in a mall. It looks like it. I have been to these and I like them.

    Open concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so colourful... Nice shots...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ambience in this little laneway. Even on a dull and cold day it would be warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little red umbrellas--there really is just something about umbrellas! I also enjoy "umbrella drinks." I wish I could still enjoy the "fully-leaded" versions, but because of the medications I have to take, I can't drink alcohol. :-( Still, most Umbrella Drinks are nearly as nice even without the alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great captures Nick. This is always on my "must visit" list whenever I'm in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great place to meet friends for drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a very trendy spot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love Melbourne lane ways. I wonder if the architects of our wonderful city ever realised that the lane ways would become so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great street photos of a great location

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic shots. My favorite is the one showing the waitress in the foreground slightly out of focus.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!