Monday 27 April 2015

SOUTHBANK MYSTERY MURAL

Looking through my photo archives the other day, I came across a few photos from 2003 that I had taken in Southbank. They were of a large, striking mural situated in a little cul-de-sac of the shopping centre of Southgate. I had always liked this and that's why I had photographed it, of course. Since then I remember having tried to find this mural again, but it has disappeared... I have no idea who the artist was or whether it has been overpainted or hopefully moved. If you know anything about this mural or its creator, please leave a comment.

This post is part of the Monday Murals meme,
and also part of the Monday Mellow Yellows meme,
and also part of the Blue Monday meme.






4 comments:

  1. Hi Nick,

    What a shame it's no longer there. I'm glad you captured it so you could share with us. Isn’t it fun finding blues to share? Thanks for playing today.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely share! I wish I knew more about it too! Just striking. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it too Nick. So colourful and vibrant. I am glad that you photographed. Street Art is so transient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool image. I see a little Toulouse-Lautrec in this one. Do you? Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!