Monday 3 August 2015

GRINDERS COFFEE MURALS

Last week we visited the Grinders Coffee warehouse, which is in our neighbourhood. We had passed by this establishment several times before, but it was either after hours, or we were in a hurry. We'd always wanted to visit this place as it is close enough to our backyard so that every morning when they freshly roast the beans, the most delicious smell of coffee permeates the air...

We finally went in and were immediately made to feel very welcome by the staff. Grinders Coffee was established in 1962 in Lygon Street, the centre of Melbourne's famous Italian quarter. Today, Grinders is the largest roaster of Fairtrade coffee in Australia. They have a good showroom full of their products which are available to buy, as well as some very interesting murals on the walls.

The staff were happy to allow us to take photos, and we'll be sure to return to stock up on their coffees. The only thing that was rather disappointing was that they did not have an in-house café to sell cups of their coffee there!

This post is part of the Monday Mellow Yellows meme,
and also part of the Monday Murals meme,
and also part of the Blue Monday meme.











12 comments:

  1. Hi Nick,

    Mmmm . . . I can almost smell the coffee! You should suggest your idea of an in-house cafe to them. It's a good one. Thanks for playing today.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I would loved to been there with you. Love coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhmmm, I can just smell the aroma of the coffee. Very neat murals.
    The View from the Top of the Ladder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - superb murals. I would love to go to that Coffee shop and see if I can't buy a T-shirt with that skull face on it :)
    Have a Great Week!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the murals! Definitely a place I'll visit now that I know about them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you, they're missing a good thing by not having a cafe of the premises. But I'm impressed by the size and variety of the murals they have on the walls. It seems all your senses are engaged when you walk into the business. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the murals, but the trip to Fairfield is worth it for the coffee. My neighborhood cafe serves Grinders and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great place for coffee lovers like me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Love fresh roasted coffee

    ReplyDelete
  10. we encourage people to buy Fair Trade coffee and my church has coffee from Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing art work! What an awesome place.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!